Sunday, June 05, 2005

A new family member

I left off yesterday at my time of blogging, which was a very good thing to do since that was the point at which time was . . . . and I'm not making sense again. GAAA!!!! Well, at least this time I'm not really in a haze, or a daze, or a trance, whichever the frock star prefers.

Anyway, after blogging, I was online for a while, and was just getting bored when we got The Phone Call. . . . (the backstory will be presented in a script, because I'm feeling weird, and it's always cool to have multimedia stuff)

~2 hours or so before The Phone Call~
AJ and DAD are in the office talking, while MARK is sitting at the computer, checking out websites and such
AJ: Okay, so me and Doug were looking at cars online, and we found a few that I want to look at in Irvine and Fontana, so would it be okay if I took either your car or Mom's car to go look at them?
DAD: Sure, you can take my car, I'm not going anywhere.
Dad leaves, AJ goes to his computer and sits down, picks up his little phone-headset thingy and calls DOUG

~1 hour or so before The Phone Call~
Mark is sitting at the computer, checking out websites and such

~At the time of The Phone Call~
Mark is sitting at the computer, checking out websites and such. The PHONE rings. MOM answers it. There is muffled talking, Mom is talking on the phone but you can't really hear what she's saying. Dad comes into the office.
DAD: Hey Mark, do you have a phone in your room?
MARK: I think so.
Dad begins to walk upstairs, then turns back to look at Mark.
DAD: Is it plugged in?
MARK: I don't think so.
Dad walks the rest of the way up the stairs, going off-camera.

~A minute or so into The Phone Call~
Mark is sitting at the computer, checking out websites and such. Dad comes back down the stairs, carrying PHONE #2.
DAD: It doesn't even have a cord in it.
MOM: says something to Dad, but you can't tell what it was
DAD: somehow is holding a phone cord all of a sudden Well I'll go into the office, and Mark'll hook me up here.
Dad goes into the office, and Mark hooks him up there.
DAD: into Phone #2 Okay, I'm on the line.
A phone conversation goes on, but since you're only hearing one of three sides of it it's kind of hard to tell what's happening.

~Immediately after The Phone Call~
Dad hangs up Phone #2.
DAD: He's driving home a car.
Cue studio audience cheering

~Several minutes after The Phone Call~
Mark is sitting at the computer, checking out websites and such. Mom's voice comes from off-camera.
MOM'S VOICE: Mark, you might as well come with us, because it becomes muffled, and you can't tell what she's saying
MARK: Okay.
Mark quits the internet browser, gets up, stretches and walks into the kitchen, where Mom and Dad are preparing to go pick up AJ and his new car. Both of them are going because AJ drove Mom's car up, so there are three cars and must therefore be three drivers.
MOM: We'll go and pick up AJ and the car, then we'll go out to Pat & Oscar's for a celebration dinner.
MARK: Sounds like a plan.
They do.

~About 37 minutes after The Phone Call~
Mark, AJ, and Dad are outside of the Pacific Auto Center, walking across a puddle that looks like it shouldn't be there towards a Silver 1999 Nissan Altima GXE. They reach it and huddle around it, looking at the motor and stuff under the hood, staring through the windows at the interior, and examining the exterior of the car.
DAD: It's nice, it's a lot like your old one.
MARK: Yeah, it's nice.
They all turn to go back into the building.

~Sometime later~
A bunch of cars are seen driving on the highway. The camera zooms in slightly, then begins to follow a Silver 1999 Nissan Altima GXE. After following it for a short ways, it cuts to the front of it, then moves up close to the winshield. AJ is inside, driving it. He drums his fingers on the steering wheel and sighs contentedly.

Words come up across the screen as the car moves away:
THE END


So there you have it. Probably the most complete account there will ever be of AJ's getting of a new car. Unless his is more complete in whatever email or IM he sent most of you telling you that he got a new car. But I'm hoping that he didn't so you'll at least find this post to be somewhat interesting.

So anyways, after we got the car we did indeed go to Pat & Oscar's (my favorite resteraunt) for dinner, and it (as always) was really good. Then we returned home. Upon our aforementioned return, me and AJ finally worked on my audition song, and it turned out the song I'd picked was too high for me, so we picked another one. Then we worked on it for a while, and then that was that, and we'll (hopefully) practice it again today.

Then me and Dad watched "Ocean's Twelve" while AJ did some other thing on his computer, and apparently checked and commented to this very blog. The movie was okay, I enjoyed it, but it was really confusing . . . I had to ask Dad afterwards what the heck had happened involving a very major plot point. It kind of takes away from the movie when the event that it's all leading up to makes no sense to you. *sigh* Oh, well.

Then we went to bed, all except AJ, because he, being him, didn't want to. So he stayed up for a while.

Then came the morning, all too quickly. I got up, showered, went downstairs and got in the car, and we all went to church, stopping at Stater Bros. on the way to buy some juice to take. Church was good, we talked about the unity of believers and got some interesting things . . . Jordan told a story about a church that broke in two because someone painted a picture of Adam, and he was painted without a navel. The painter said "well, he didn't have a mother, so why would he have one?" but some people said that it would make his kids feel weird, and a big argument started up, and the church divided over it. Quite sad, really. It reminded me of a segment from a movie called Mark Twain Tonight, in which Twain talks about catching a bunch of Christians from different denominations and putting them in a cage, and he came back later and they were all dead. It's longer than that, and he elaborates somewhat, and he mentions a few other things, but that's the basic gist of it. It's really funny, and yet so true. Sad the shape the church is in today.

AJ: I'll tell you what I got, I got the pleasure of being the only player with an even 7-7 record! . . . And I meant what Cormack said, I was in a haze in that I was living in a fog, and couldn't think clearly and all that, although I was in a daze as well.

Cormack: Yeah, that's usually what it means for me and my friends, too, but it's good to get physical activity now and then, and there are a lot of adults in my church, and they don't tend to play video games a whole lot. Yes, I can see how playing Bunko could be less enjoyable if it wasn't coordinated well . . . Hey, I just realized that you haven't commented here before! So I have another person who comments! Goodness gracious me!

3 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

so i commented on your starwars entry (after you had made another entry... i know... lame.

rest assured this account of AJ getting a car was much more amusing than the fact to fact version i heard. particularly the "Mark, you might as well come with us, because it becomes muffled, and you can't tell what she's saying"part... haha! hmm... i need to put up a blog... :\ its a shame i have so many people to write to now, the blog has made its way down the priorities list. say lavi... lavee... lavy... ..::sigh::..

9:57 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

Excellent storyship, my friend. Your retelling is so...entertaining.

And, as I have nothing else to do at the moment other than eat unnecessary snack food, I will say that I believe you can be in a haze. According to Funk & Wagnalls, one definition of haze is "mental confusion." Or you can feel like you're in a haze, as in you feel like you're walking through a fog. Oh, goodness. What is coming over me? What if I do wind up teaching English (or French)? My family is full of nothing but teachers! Ah, I can't escape my destiny. Ahhhhhhhhh!

9:58 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

C'est la vie. Ahhhhhh! My destiny! Ahhhhhhhhhh!

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home