Wednesday, May 25, 2005

::collapses into a chair and sighs with relief::

It's over!!!! Family Fun Night has passed and shall go down in history a success!!

Actually, it was relatively painless, other than my extreme nervouness (sp?) right before giving my first speech . . . it was like 7 minutes long, a short biography speech of Mark Twain. I almost wrenched the top of the music stand off, I was gripping it so hard . . . nervousness (sp? again) stinks, doesn't it? At least I'm not as bad as Sarah . . . she told me that when she gets nervous, she yawns a lot. Which isn't really the most helpful thing when you're trying to give a speech . . .

I use ". . ." too much, I think. Just a random observation.

Okay, back to topic. Everyone did really well, except that Matt lost his place once, but it wasn't that bad really. And then of course we had cookies and crackers afterwards, and got to collapse on the Durgin's VERY comfortable couch. I think it was the same couch I wanted Mom to buy a long time ago, but she never did because dog hair and leather don't go together very well. And then we were just about to play BS, but then we had to go because Mom was blocking the Cox's car.

And one other thing happened today: I was signed up (by my parents with my consent) for a Debate "Boot Camp" this summer. It basically teaches the members the ropes of debating and prepares us for competition debates. Sounded like fun. So, if Sarah is reading this: SIGN UP!!!!!!!!

So yes. And now to comments:

Geoff: (sp?) Thanks a lot!! Although I don't know who you are, thanks anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

MWaHAHAHA! You can stop glaring at AJ cause he got us the hook-ups! And I have a blog that is need of an update... it took me many a entry to get the comments rolling, so ill help you out and try not to leave you commentless :D
I most definitely agree with Eleanor... mark... is cool.

And by the way, the community loves the idea of kidnapping a certain brother you know... so watch your back >.> <.< MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAA!

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home