Thursday, June 02, 2005

Today was another day in which the usual happened

What is the usual? Nothing! Or nothing of note, anyway. Although tonight something will be happening, that won't be written about until tomorrow unless AJ is a JERK and comments on this telling everyone what it is and ruining the suspense I've been building. And also, hopefully he'll get home in time to practice my audition song with me . . . I really need to start practicing, auditions are in 6 days, and I don't even have the song memorized yet . . . but I DO know which song I'm doing, so I guess that's better than usual. *sigh* One gets so lax when he doesn't have to try for an audition . . . although it's good to know that all the people there know me, so I'll most likely get in whether I have a good audition or not. Not that they show favoritism for me or anything (I don't think), it's just that my audiditons are usually worse than my performances and/or singing in shows, so they already know what I can do. I just hope they think I can do Dodger . . . you'd think that I'd be better prepared since there's actually a part I want and there's going to be major competition for it . . . huh. Go figure.

I suppose that I should clear the mud a little here and tell everyone what the heck I'm talking about. If any of you don't know, I'm involved at a local Christian community theater. On June 7th (next Tuesday), they are having auditions for their "award winning musical, Oliver!" It's not the broadway version, it's completely original. It's a good show, though. So anyway, I'm hoping to be the Artful Dodger, but the director's son is the same age as I am, and he's better than me, so I think he'll most likely get it. But we'll see. Hope springs eternal and all that.

So anyway, I had school as usual today. I'm supposed to be reading Ben-Hur as my literature for the next few weeks, but Mom is being merciful and letting me watch and answer questions on the movie instead. So I watched like half of it today . . . holy cow, that movie is long. I knew it was long, but I thought it was like three hours . . . turns out it's three hours and forty-two minutes. And, although I'm enjoying it more than I used to, it's pretty slow-moving, so my brain is kind of fried right now . . . It's a good feeling to know I don't have to think again until tomorrow. What luxury.

That's pretty much all I have to say for now (I'll update this tomorrow and give you details on the mysterious "thing" happening tonight), so on to comments:

Stephen: Interesting . . . never heard that before. It's kind of sad that roses have a purple variety and violets doesn't . . . weird. I'm really not a fan of Kevin J. Anderson's either, but I like him more than you seem to. Darksaber was awful (other than Bevel Lemelisk, I liked him), but I thought the academy trilogy was okay. I liked the story. The writing wasn't too good, and everything fell flat at the end (and how many times does Daala have to die before he actually lets her die??), but I enjoyed them nonetheless. Kyp is awesome . . . Anderson certainly isn't Zahn, though . . . do you like him? Anyway, I shall indeed read the X-wing books first . . . it's the same main character as I, Jedi, isn't it? Or is he just a character like any other in the X-wing books?

Rae: So, let me get this straight . . . you came on here to say that you didn't have time to come on here, basically? Interesting. Oh, and thank you for your monumentally comprehensive answer ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Idhrendur said...

Yeah, Zahn is awesome. I've got a bunch of his other stuff. Stackpole is also really good (he and Zahn did some collaborative works in Tales from the Empire and Tales from the New Republic). And while Corran's not the main character in the -Wing series, he is major. If anyone's the main character, it would be good ole Wedge (the only minor character in all three original Star Wars movies, and the only wingmate Luke had in those movies that survived the battle).

Also, I used to like the Jedi Academy Trilogy more, but I pondered a great many points (like why a major shipyard was defended by only a few B-Wings), and decided he didn't know what he was doing. Though the kids Star Wars series he and his wife wrote are pretty good (especially considering the audience).

10:58 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

Well, after finishing your blog entry (because i had started it, skipped some and went to the comments) i realized i had only skipped two very small paragraphs...

I ALSO realized that the reason for my "uh, ya" responses is due to the fact that between the time that i post something, you blog, respond, and ask something else... i had already forgotten what it was all about! so... no problem :D what was i searching for?? :\

and dont worry, AJ will have all day to torture... i mean help you with your music. Original plans were cancled! good luck getting the part!

1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home