Wednesday, June 08, 2005

My apologies . . .

. . . for the two days in which I did not grace you folks with my internet presence. But I have now returned and am here to post again.

As you may remember my saying, the only major event in this time period (the past few days) was my audition for Oliver. As nothing really happened on Monday, and nothing else happened on Tuesday until after (well, actually it was during, but you'll get that later), I'll go straight to that. I'll give you a play by play to make this post a length worthy of my blog.

After practicing, AJ told me to drink a cup of hot tea and not talk until my audition. As it turned out, I didn't exactly follow those orders, but I did talk considerably less than usual at an audition. I just kinda forgot after a while. But I promise I didn't talk too much. And my voice wasn't too raspy when I was singing, so it worked out okay.

AJ then took me to Lifehouse, dropped me off and departed. I walked up to the driveway place in front of the theater and saw three surprising sights: first, there were chairs there, which hasn't happened in like three years. Second, there weren't a whole lot of people there, which hasn't happened in three years or so, and everyone I talked to said they were auditioning . . . weird. Thirdly, Josh B. was there. Probably no one reading this has any idea who he is, but he was a kid in Heidi and Tom Sawyer when I did them (if Sarah is reading this she should know who he is, but she probably isn't). He's a few years younger than I am, and he looks a lot like Daniel Radcliffe. If you don't know who Daniel Radcliffe is, uhh . . . well, too bad for you. Anyway, Josh looks like him. And in Heidi and Tom Sawyer he was considered a "new" person, so he got picked on a lot. Another reason he got picked on a lot is because it was so . . . fun to pick on him. He's one of those people who gets annoyed really easily, and he has like the most sensitive skin ever . . . you could tap him on the shoulder to get his attention (meaning extremely lightly, just hard enough so he'd know you were there), and his reaction would be "OOOWWWWW!!!!" I don't think he was really hurt by a lot of the stuff, which is why I kept doing it, but . . . . it was quite sad, really. He hasn't done a show since Tom Sawyer so we all thought we had emotionally scarred him for life and he left. But it appears he has regained some emotional confidence and has returned. Poor guy. Anyone from Tom Sawyer will probably still pick on him . . . probably including me. One of those blasted hard-to-break habits.

Anyway, I stood around for about 15 minutes or so waiting for them to open the doors (I didn't really feel like sitting down). Megan Martinez asked if she could use me as a reference to her personality because I was standing there and could give her my address. So I decided that was okay, and she did. Then Rachel's friend Doug came out of the theater (he was helping, so he had the privelege of actually being inside) and said hello to me, and whacked me in the arm and told me it would be awesome if we were in a show together (which it would be, he's really cool).

So then FINALLY the doors opened, and we all went inside. I got my paperwork, filled it out, and got measured, and get this. I'm taller than Dad now! I'm 5'10"! I couldn't believe it. But anyway, I put in my paperwork and was given the new name "11."

Then, after some more waiting and talking to people, it was time for my group to go in. They audition us in groups of 5, so mine was "11" (me) through "15." I knew all but one person in my group . . . Erin was "12," she was in Lion witch and Pollyanna, Timmy was "13," he was in two camps I helped at, the girl I didn't know (Karen?) was number "14," and Kristen was "15," she was in Pollyanna. So anyway we went into the audition room, and Wayne went through his whole "it's good to have you all, I'm sure you'd all be great, blah blah blah" speech. And then, it was time for me to audition.

I was singing "Now I Have Everything" from Fiddler. If you don't know what it is, that's probably because it was cut from the movie. It's a song that Perchik (or however you spell it) sings. So I stepped up to the tape "T" (it was supposed to be an "X" but it wasn't), Tedd signaled to me and began playing the intro.

I can describe the audition itself in three words: "Crash and bu-hurn!" Well, okay, it wasn't that bad, but it wasn't very good. Tedd played it at about half the tempo it was supposed to go, and I had trouble getting enough air with it played full speed, so this was just a disaster. But I'm not too worried because the panel was Wayne, Steve, Debra, John and Tedd, so I knew everyone and they knew that I'm better than that. It's soooo nice having done so many shows there and knowing everyone, it takes a LOT of pressure off me at auditions.

And then, just to top it all off, Kristen ("15") was actually singing a song from a Lifehouse show. Which song and which show, you ask? "*bleep* As *bleep* Can Be" from Pollyanna. If you saw Pollyanna, or you've been around me for more than a few minutes, you probably know what *bleep* is. If not, ask someone who did. And don't get me wrong, I think Pollyanna's a really good show, and I really like some of the songs (mainly the ones AJ wrote), but this one just drives me crazy . . . and of course, *bleep* was said so many times, that over the course of the run it becomes a swear word. It's rather funny, actually, my friends always used to tease me about getting so worked up about it (I was in it last time, too), and then they were in the show, and now they're the same way. And the worst part is that it never ends. We're all scarred for life . . . AAAAH!!!!!

*ahem* Okay, now on to the other thing that happened during the audition. That was AJ's departure for . . . somewhere. I'm not exactly sure where, it might be Fullerton, it might not be. Somewhere in Orange County, I think. He got a job there painting stuff or something. As you can tell, I really know nothing at all about it.

So, since I don't, I'll just move on to comments:

To All who Commented: Thank you all for the positive feedback of my script. I'm happy y'all enjoyed it, it was a lot of fun to write :P

Rae: Read it, and replied to the myspace one, if you haven't already seen it. You SHOULD update your blog, I go there like everyday to see if you did, and every day you didn't. *sigh* Oh, well. I'll get over it . . . someday . . . . :P

Eleanor: Yay! I was right and AJ was wrong! Cool! Thanks! . . . . *deep voice* *ho-herr* It is your destiny . . . *end deep voice* . . . sorry, I couldn't help it.

Eleanor2: *points to end of last response*

Cormack: Yeah, it's cool because I have all these other people who look at my blog now . . . and of course you're all cool in person, too.

4 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

..::points at eleanor comment duce::.. ..::laughs::..

I'm *bleep* that youre not too worried about your audition even if you think it crashed and burned :P

AJ is in LA (specifically West LA/Hollywood area) and he is working in Culver City. He is making a living moving a ton of junk from one room to another and sorting it on the way. I should get him to do the same to my room have a lot of stuff but now I have a little bit more. Besides having everything, I know what everything's for. so maybe i should keep it all :D

I wasnt sure if you were asking yourself or i about the permit... um... i drove to your house... so no question about that. you however im not so sure. maybe we will all go down there and see it with ya! MWA HAHAHA im sure everyone would be *bleep* to go.

so i want to comment. but everytime i have a chance my brain is mush, and i want to leave something more than "this is an update" it will come. and it will be sweet :D

11:37 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Yay! I get first comment!

1. Congratulations on being 5'10". When I went to the doctor's on Monday they measured me at 5'11". Dangit! I've always wanted to be 6'!

2. I'm sorry about your audition. Though I must say I'm not surprised he took it too slow; it's a deceptively written song. It seems like a slow ballad, although it's actually (like you said) twice as fast. :( It's good that they all know you, though. Hopefully you'll still pull through...

3. What the *insert your favorite expletive here*?! Singing a LifeHouse song? And especially "*bleep* as *bleep* Can Be"? Are they giving out freakin' sheet music now? Did she sing it a capella? Explain please!!

4. Thanks for saying that you liked the songs I wrote in Pollyanna....

5. Living in Hollywood, working in Culver City... I was going to be painting, and I may still do some of that, but since Nathan (Rae's grandfather, the one in charge) and Kent (the artist) have more experienced (i.e. better) painters on hand, I've been assigned some other tasks. I spent most of today clearing, reorganizing, moving and restacking shelves full of various tools, boxes and stuff. It was a heckish mess to begin with; now it's all neat and clean, in a different room which was itself a heckish mess which also now is all neat and clean. The satisfaction of a good day's work, hands that will never be clean again and a sore back. Ah yes... and tomorrow morning I wake up to do it all over again. :D Seriously though I did enjoy it, and I'm looking forward to working here through the rest of the summer! And hanging out with Rae! Fortotrain.

AJ
<><

11:46 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Curses... Rae beat me...

11:46 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

Woo hoo! 5'10"! How does it feel to be at this level? You know, I was supposed to be 6 feet, too. Sad day. Almost made it. But, 5'10" is a good height. I would know.

Hey, if you're ever waiting around for Rae to write something more than "this is an update" check out narisilme.blogspot.com

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home