Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Rehearsal for . . . I was going to say a funeral, but they don't have rehearsals for those.

So now that I have succesfully made you think I'm totally insane, let me explain. I went to rehearsal tonight for Oliver, and Steve (the director) told us that the buy who was playing Mr. Bumble had to drop. So the guy who was playing Mr. Sowerberry became Mr. Bumble, and I became Mr. Sowerberry. Who is an undertaker, so it was a reharsal involving a funeral-ish person . . . whatever that means.

So anyway, the amount of lines I have went from 5 to 15, and I also became Produce Vendor, so I have multiple singing lines. So I went from being in like 2 scenes to being onstage quite a bit . . . which is cool. Since all my friends who said they were trying out DIDN'T . . . well okay, not all of them. But many of them . . . which made me really mad when I thought I had tons of backstage time, because most of my best friends wouldn't be there . . . I'll get you back for this, Rachel, if it's the last thing I do . . .

So anyway, I was told I was Mr. Sowerberry, and then we blocked that scene. So I was kinda freaked out, because since I had just found out I was that part, I had no idea what that scene consisted of. But it worked out alright . . . Steve kind of told me that I was evil, and yet not evil, and diabolical, and yet not . . . which wasn't really too helpful, but then I read the lines and I got what he was saying. So hopefully I'll be able to pull it off. We'll have to see . . . it'll be a stretch of my acting ability.

Oh, and it turns out I have a wife in that part, too . . . *sigh* Why oh why does Wayne so enjoy pairing me up with females?! I had two girlfriends in Pollyanna, now I have two wives in Oliver . . . gaaa!! I can't take it any more!! . . . well, as long as it's not Taylor again I might survive . . . y'know, one day, she's going to happen upon this blog and decide to kill me. ((Another place where that iron bar would be helpful, Rae :P))

So that was pretty much rehearsal. So then tomorrow I get to do math homework and then go to rehearsal and do coreography! Yay! I love coreography . . . I'm looking forward to working with the coreographer of this show, I've heard he's really good.

So anyway, that was the big event of the day. We had another algebra class this morning that seemed to last forever . . . but then it finally ended. So yeah. On to comments:

Rae: Oh . . . well that's okay then. Looks like the only person I lost was Megan . . . cool. And I know what a minion is, I was asking why I was being classified as one . . . and as for going to the party, . . . whatever you say. I barely even know Eleanor, much less her family, but whatever.

Now . . . COMMENT ALREADY!!

5 Comments:

Blogger AJ Harbison said...

You DEFINITELY need to come to Eleanor's party next year--you'd love it.

And what's this whole thing about a Force grip? I don't remember anything about that...

AJ
<><

11:34 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

well thats why you need to go! to get to know them :P we have been over this already... to know people YOU HAVE TO MEET THEM! and why is it you dont like being paired up with girls (why is where ananga's comments came from... ill spare this blog what those particular comments were)

so ya.

11:40 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

I refuse to comment!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the promotion; I'm sure that before you know it, you'll be playing Miss Monk--you'd look good in black lace.

Will you be gracing us with your towering presence on Monday at Dance? It felt so very odd not having you there to stare at my head.

-David (or to the rest of the world:Sarah's Brother)

P.S. COME TO PILGRIM'S PROGRESS!!!

9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey! i'm back! you can do a beaver victory dance for me.... :P

ok, here goes...

I don't have any idea whatyour talking about in regards to pollyanna. so...yup.

I have tried to figure it out but my brain is tired, so i'm just going to ask...why is the oh crap look on taylor's face hilarious? i don't understand.

yes, I made a quick sign for carly that said something to the effect of, "Go carly! Yay! You rock!" etc.

Which, of course, you didn't see, because, even though you REPEATEDLY assured me that you would not forget to ask your mom, you did, and by the time I called, your mom had left, so you couldn't come. By the way, my dad is having a field day saying that my date stood me up. grrr...

--megan

ps I won that debate, and you know it, you're just to proud to admit it.

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home