Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Oh. No. I'm. So. Scared.

Man, AJ and Rae, you guys are freaky. I'm like, about to die of fear.

:P Aaaanyways, my profound apologies for not being here for so long a time. Not a whole lot happened, and I was playing ToS like nonstop . . . until it had to go back :'(

Basically, Friday and Saturday were made up almost entirely of playing ToS and (on Friday) school.

But one seriously major event happpened on Friday.

SCHOOL'S OUT! YEAH!!!!! I, as you can tell, am very happy about this. So I am now officially on Summer Break . . . and I'm LOVIN' IT!!!!

Then on Saturday, I played much ToS. And I was supposed to go to Pilgrim's Progress with Megan . . . but, because of various embarassing things, I didn't. And she's one of my readers here, so in order to embarass me, she'll probably comment filling you all in on all the details. If she remembers them. So anyway, I didn't go, but she told me it was really good, and I'm going to start bugging Mom and Dad about going soon.

By the way, Megan, I forgot to ask you, did you take the sign? If so, what did it say? If not, why not?

So then Sunday Church happened, we talked about Jesus' arrest and Peter's denials . . . we had some interesting discussion about the stupidity of Roman Soldiers. When they arrest Jesus, Peter cuts off a servent's ear, and Jesus picks it up and puts it back on, and then the Romans tie his hands to keep control of him. You'd think they'd put two and two together. Ah, well, whatever.

Then we got home and I was on the computer for a while, and AJ and Dad went to the evening service at the River (Dad was preaching), and I stayed home and went to Homestarrunner.com, and as a result of that profound experience, I would like to impart some knowledge that will help you along in your life: "THE CHEAT IS BEHIND THE FREAKIN' BOX!!!!"

Sorry. I couldn't help it, that line is just so funny . . . in context. You probably didn't laugh at all unless you've seen that email. But no matter. You all know me well enough to know that I find many things funny that others think are just stupid. Or at least, I'd have thought you picked that up.

Then we went out to dinner at Applebees, and took back Tales of Symphonia (much to my dismay). Then we came home and crashed until bed, which for me was a regular 10:00 because I had Algebra on Monday.

So I went to Algebra, and it wasn't fun, of course. I had to work a problem on the board in front of everyone . . . I was so afraid I'd make a stupid error like "Okay, so then we add the two numbers, and 4 + 9 of course equals 14, so . . ." But thankfully I didn't and got the problem right (wonder of wonders, miracle of miracles . . .).

Then I came home and headed for my gamecube, and then remembered that I no longer had ToS. So I went on the computer, waiting for Mom to get up (she had worked the night before) and take me to Gamestop to buy it. Eventually she did, and we went, and they didn't have it. So we went to Target, and they didn't have it. So we came home and I called Game Crazy, and they didn't have it. So then I called Wal-Mart, and of course they didn't have it, either. So I desperately need to find somewhere to get it before I go insane . . . and believe it or not, this does not qualify as obsessive. You have not seen obsessive about ToS unless you've met Sarah and brought it up to her. Holy cow, it's frightening. She can go on for hours and hours telling me to visit such and such village and buy such and such potion to give to so and so the person, and then go and fight a bunch of monsters to get gald (aka gold) and experience to fight the monster who WON'T DIE. And then she'll tell me exactly how much gald to get, and exactly how many steps it is from the bush to the tree, and . . . yeah. It's scary. Amusing (and helpful, since I'm not too good at the game), but scary.

Then today I woke up at like 8:30 to take care of my neighbor's dogs, then experienced the incredible joy of going back to bed. Woke up with an unpleasent tickling sensation at my face, and when I opened my eyes, there was Jersey, perched on my neck and staring into my face as if to say "I'm here! I'm cool! Yay for me! Now PET me already!" So I pet him, and then he left and I looked at the clock and it was about ten thirty, so I decided to get up. Then I blinked, and it was about eleven thirty, so I decided to get up. So I got up and showered and ate lunch and played SSBM (to occupy my time until I can get ToS, I'm learning to be good with Bowser).

And this afternoon I played basketball, and then CJ invited me to his house to play Revenge of the Sith on his Xbox, which of course I agreed to. "Rule number 1:" he said, "General Greivous sucks. Rule number 2: Anakin is MINE." I agreed to these terms, and we dueled. I pitifully lost the first duel (which I expected, since I've never played the game before in my life), then I had the lucky break of picking Mace Windu. And boy, did I embarass CJ. Someone who has never played the game before totally destroyed him. I had very nearly full life when he died. And then, the ULTIMATE humiliation, I beat his Anakin with General Greivous. THAT was fun. GG is actually pretty good, I think, because he has two (or four) lightsabers, so he's powerful and has good defense. He can't use the Force, but he has a blaster that's hard to block.

So then I came back, and did some Algebra homework (ugh), and was going to update this, but then I decided to wait until after Orientation tonight, so that I could write about that.

Basically, Orientation is a sort of pre-rehearsal thing. We listen to Wayne talk for like an hour or so (BOOOOOOOOO-RING, he says the same thing EVERY TIME). Then we listen to the director (Steve, in this case) talk for a while, then we usually hear the choreographer, but he was unable to make it so we went straight to taking a break. Which was welcome. I was sitting next to Jeremy P., and although he's cool, he has a very . . . weird mind. It can be rather disturbing sitting next to him for longer than 20 minutes or so. So I was relieved to be able to go and talk to Megan and Nick (I would've been sitting with them, but Megan took my seat when I wasn't looking >:-O) and Jeremy S. and Spaghetti (sp?). Oh, I should probably mention that that's the nickname of Josh S. Just so you all don't think I'm insane. Most of you don't know him, I don't think, but just knowing that it's the nickname of someone will be helpful.

So then the break was over and we read and sang through the first act. Which went pretty well, although we were missing like 10 people. I was kind of ashamed, too . . . there's this kid named Timmy who's like 10, and he's like four times the singer I am. He's cool, so I don't like hold a grudge against him or anything, it's just frustrating that he can sing and I can't . . . anyways, that was pretty much orientation.

Except for bothering Taylor beforehand, which as always was fun. I mentioned that the Fourth of July was coming up, and she kind of froze and had a sort of "Oh crap" look on her face. It was hilarious. Hopefully you'll be able to think that through and figure out why.

Anyways, then I came home and Mom told me that AJ isn't going on vacation with us because he has "two things" that week, and I decided to come here and update, and apparently it's a good thing I did because Rae was glaring at me and AJ had his Ls out . . . scary stuff.

Oh, and also, Rae, I need your advice. Me and my friend want to kidnap my other friend (for reasons I don't really feel like explaining), but neither of us have had experience kidnapping, so we could use some pointers if you've got any. Being the kidnapper extrodinaire that you are.

Comment time:

Rae 1: Yeah, I heard about that . . . I was actually going to ask you if it was Top Ramen (as opposed to Easy Mac), but alas I've heard the story so I can't ask that honestly any more. But hopefully it's funny anyway.

Megan: lol . . . don't worry, I didn't think you were quite that stupid. Close, maybe, but *braces for slap* And I really don't feel like opening the all-knowing can of worms again (although I DID win that debate). Hey wait a sec . . . why did you change it to person? You weren't in Pollyanna . . . did I tell you about that, or are you referring to something else completely? I take a Jazz and Tap class . . . and for a variety of reasons (mostly because I'm really good friends with everyone in my dance class and don't see them often outside of it), I don't plan on switching. So you'll just have to find some way to survive without me . . . I know it's hard, but if you try really hard, I think you'll make it work.

Rae 2: Sorry, sorry . . . and I'll probably regret it, but I have to ask . . . why minion?

AJ: *pulls out Grenade Launcher and fires one into the shadows where you're hiding*

1 Comments:

Blogger AJ Harbison said...

::ducks, dives and rolls into other shadows before grenade hits::

::gets up, spins and fires two shots into the air::

::grabs a conveniently placed rope and disappears into the shadows of the night sky, on top of skyscrapers::

::decides to comment on the rest of the post later::

;)
AJ
<><

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home