Monday, June 20, 2005

Two parties and a dance class

I've been busy the last few days, which is why I haven't posted in the last few days. But now I'm back with accounts of, as seen above, two parties and a dance class.

But first, Friday. After I posted, I just kind of hung around for the rest of the day, until 9:40 or so, at which time me and Dad proceeded to leave for Krikorian Premier Theaters. We were going to meet AJ there and see Batman Begins.

Which, of course, we did. The theater was packed, we had to sit waaaaay in the back, and there were only two seats there, so Dad had to sit waaaaaaay in the front. So Dad actually had it worse, because he was in the area where you have to watch the entire movie by looking up.

Anyway, the movie was REALLY good. Kind of dark, kind of spooky in parts, but really really good. It had a really good story, with several unexpected plot twists, lots of good acting, and was more of a story-driven movie than an action-driven movie, which was rather surprising. The action scenes were a little too fast (so it was hard to tell what was going on sometimes), but that didn't bother me a whole lot.

It had a lot of good lines, too, that I now quote all the time to the immense annoyance of my friends. "Scarecrow . . . scarecrow . . . . scarecrow . . ." "Does it come in black?" "Let me show you my mask . . ." "There is nothing to fear but fear itself. *ZAP!*" "Didn't you get the memo?" "I've never tried selling to the billionaire sperlunking market before."

Ahhh, good stuff. So then we came home, and I was on the internet for a while, then I went to bed. Then on Saturday, I had to clean my room because Seth was coming over to carpool to Kyle's party, then was spending the night. So he came over and we played Gamecube for a while, talked for a while, wasted a lot of time, then it was time to depart. Mom was driving us to the Perry's, then they were taking us to Kyle's. The Perrys were running a bit late when we got there, so we sat and played with Cinder (the "blasted dog" of a previous post) and talked some more. Then we left. In the car, the Perrys played a CD of the Smothers Brothers, comedians from some long-forgotten age called the 60s. I think. Maybe it was the 50s. I don't remember. Anyways, they were hilarious, and kept us well occupied on the trip up to Kyle's house in Oak Glen.

Then we got there and joined the party. A bunch of us played volleyball for a while, which was fun, although both teams contend that they won (we weren't really keeping score). But my team actually won, of course, because I was on it. ("You got that?" "ye-" THUMP "no.") So then we were tricked into thinking the food was ready, and so the game ended. We then played foozeball for a while. There were two complete games, and one that was interrupted. Kyle and Seth won both the complete games, and were winning the third game when the food became truly ready. So we went and ate, and the food was really good.

Then we began to play football, and that was fun, although my team was losing, because one of the two times the ball was thrown to me it went BANG into my nose, so I didn't catch it, and the other time we gained about 2 yards. And then, on the climactic final kick return, I ran up against the other team, and was about to tag Kyle B. (and thus he would be down), when Matt suddenly appears in my face and levels me. Which was actually pretty funny.

Then it was time for the water balloon toss. My team was probably the sixth or so to go out. Matt and Toby were on a team that was unfairly disqualified because Toby threw his balloon at Kyle in self-defense. In the end, Mr. and Mrs. Perry won.

Then, it was time to stop starting each paragraph with "then it was time to."

After the water-balloon toss, there was much goofing around, then karaoke started. Most of them were rather un-noteworthy, but then Kyle did "Born to be wild." It was absolutely hilarious. If anyone is reading this who knows Kyle and was not there, you are a poor deprived soul. Seeing him flinging his hair and jumping around and screaming was a priceless experience. And the best part was that the first time he jumped, when he came down the karaoke machine skipped and he had to start over.

The whole karaoke thing was part of a talent show, which culminated in one guy (named Zach, I didn't know him) running around Matt juggling knives.

Later the Nuclear Misquitos (sp?) (Matt, Kyle and Toby's band) played worship music, and there was also Limbo that Kyle won. Then there was a camp fire type thingy with s'mores, and then for the remainder of the party (like 2-3 hours) Me, Seth, Kyle, and some other people were hanging out on the trampoline. All in all, a very fun but tiring party.

Then we came home and went to bed. We got up for church in the morning, and dropped Seth off at The River before heading up to God's Household. The focus of the service was Nick's baptism, and his kids' dedication. The dedication sparked some discontent amongst firm believers in infant baptism (such as our family), but Nick did it anyway. Then Nick was baptised in the Vanderbyls' swimming pool, and we had a party to celebrate. There were Hamburgers and Hot Dogs and such, and swimming. Not really a whole lot to tell, although me and Joel were playing King of the Step for a while (which he won because he said "I don't want to play this anymore" as soon as Josh intervened and pulled me off the stair). Then Josh and Joel had a battle which I watched, then it was time to go for us. So we went.

So now I'm terribly sunburned, and I have the traditional "goggle burn" and the new "band-aid burn."

Then we came home and I was exhausted, and spent most of the afternoon on the computer and reading. We watched The Incredibles and had Subway last night.

Today school happened again, for the last Monday of the school year (YESS!!!!). Dance class also happened, as is mentioned in the title, but it really wasn't too exceptional (except for me and David somehow managing to be exactly opposite each other at all times in the tap routine, when we're supposed to be together). I only mentioned it in the title because "Two parties" is boring, and it's kind of like "Two weddings and a funeral" except not. So yeah.

Comment Time!!

REPLY TO ALL COMMENTS ON "OOPS.": I didn't bother looking at the site after reading your comments, so really nothing to report.

OTHER COMMENTS:

Stephen: Well, sort of . . . AJ has a playstation, so it's probably in our garage somewhere right now. But he'll probably take it with him next year, so no dice. I have GBA, DS, and GCN. If that helps.

Ah . . . . thank you, then! I'm happy you liked it :)

Rae: Well, I could teach it to him without her, but it would be kind of hard because I really don't know the girl's part, and there has to be a girl there or it just looks stupid. But yes, if you could get him a girlfriend I'd get Rachel to help me and it'd probably work (although honestly she doesn't know it too well . . . nor would she want to help, either, come to think of it. But she might if I asked her). I actually kind of wish he'd get a girlfriend . . . maybe then he'd stop bugging me about my getting one :P (to clarify, I don't have one, but he seems to want me to)

Cormack: I see. Well, undecidedness can be good sometimes, and . . . oh, never mind, I have no idea what I'm talking about.

The only Orson Scott Card Series I've read is the Ender series, actually, so I wouldn't know a whole lot about his writing in general, although if it's anything like the Ender series I'd like to read more.

You have double-jointed fingers?? Shoot. Jeff has double-jointed fingers, too, and I can't beat him at ANYTHING . . . although I don't think I ever played him at SSBM, come to think of it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Idhrendur said...

Then again, he might not. I've had this tendency to bring a PS2 to school with me...which renders the Playstation useless.

12:12 AM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

Yeah, I don't need to bring the PS to school, since Stephen made me obsolete when he brought his. :p So it's all yours.

As far as getting a girlfriend... goshdangit, first Rae then you! Of course, Rae has the added strangeness of being mistaken FOR my girlfriend (along with Jessica, before). Maybe I need to get one so y'all will stop bugging me and so that I won't have to be mistaken for having a girlfriend when I don't. But of course, that would actually require a GIRL first....

AJ
<><

8:47 PM  
Blogger AJ Harbison said...

is there a shortage or something?

1:10 AM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

that last comment was made by yours truly.. apparently someone forgot to sign out when they were done with my computer :P

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home