Friday, June 17, 2005

FINALLY, sheesh.

The title is in reference to my Oliver letter, which FINALLY came today. As you can probably tell by the fact that I'm not freaking out, I did not, alas, get Dodger. But that's okay. Because my friend Nick got it, and he's going to be very very awesome in that role (typecasting).

Did I get in, then? Yes, as a matter of fact, yes I did. And I got an even BETTER part than Dodger. I am the star of the show . . . Oliver?! What? You think I'm young enough to play Oliver?! No, I mean the REAL star of the show . . . I am Townsman!! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

In all honesty, though, I'm just happy I got in. Obviously I'm a little disappointed that I didn't get Dodger, but Nick will be awesome, and I don't mind being a Chorus member with 2 lines, because this is one of the best Lifehouse shows (the music is actually almost good!). The only problem is that every single scene starts out the exact same way: "Buy my bread!" Seriously, at least five or six scenes begin with Merchants singing the same song over and over again with the exact same words. *sigh* You came so close, Wayne, why'd you have to go and ruin it with that??


Anyways, I'm happy to be in the show. Actually, my part, although only 2 lines, isn't that bad. I get to look out a window and yell at Bill Sykes!! And then I get to adress Mr. Brownlow. The only bad part of it is that I have a wife . . . not that I mind having a wife, it's just that I'm already almost certain of who they're going to pick, and . . . well, let's put it this way: one mistake, she's on the ground once, and I get slapped about a million times. Yes. I'm reasonably sure I'll be paired up with Taylor again. Actually, I don't really mind too much, but she'll probably rush at Wayne with a knife . . . which would actually be quite amusing. I did a skit at the Pollyanna cast party and was making fun of her (good-natured fun, of course), and she got really mad and enlisted this one guy to sock me in the arm every time he walked by me for the rest of the night. Which hurt after a while.

If you don't know who Taylor is (which most of you don't, probably), she's the girl I was dancing with in the Fourth of July Rag in Pollyanna. If you didn't come see that, or still have no idea who I'm talking about, tough. Deal with it. Well, hold on, you may remember better the part where we went off to the side of the stage and she whacked me in the jaw. That was her, too.

Oh, and for Rae, Eleanor, and Jessica, I told her that you guys wanted me to teach AJ that dance (if you'll recall), and she told me that she is most certainly NOT helping. So we have a dead end there. I meant to mention that earlier, but I forgot. So I've said it now, now that you have probably completely forgotten that you even asked me to do that.

So getting my letter was the big even so far today. I'm going to the movies tonight with Dad & AJ, and I'm going to a birthday party tomorrow, but nothing big has happened to this point. Other than my letter and, of course, finishing school for the week. One week to go . . . I think I can I think I can . . .

So, in light of the fact that I have nothing more to say, on to comments:

Stephen: I'd offer you my copy of Children, but my friend Sarah has it at the moment . . . if she's done it by the end of summer I'll send it to you via AJ, unless of course you've gotten another copy from somewhere else.
I think I like RPGs, but I haven't played a whole lot of them . . . I haven't played either of those. Actually, the only Final Fantasy game I've ever played was FFTA, which I'm not sure if it even counts. Are Final Fantasy Tactics and Final Fantasy even related?

AJ: That is indeed a good game, and both you and Stephen appear to like it very much. I, however, must beg to differ. Look for my own personal pick in my response to Cormack . . .

Rae: Uhhhh . . . sure. Somehow I think I prefer gourmet ice cream to that, but to each his (or her) own, I suppose. Neopolitian is definitely awesome, though.

Cormack: Okay, so yours ends in a three- or four-way tie, then? I see. (Btw, I'll probably never have the opportunity to play Halo 2 with 8 people, but I'll try.) My personal pick for best video game of all time is (drum roll please) . . . . also a tie. A three-way tie, to be precise, between one VERY old game and two pretty new ones. What are they? The original Super Mario Bros., Super Smash Brothers Melee, and Fire Emblem. Link to the Past and Super Mario Kart are right behind, so Stephen and AJ aren't TOO far off in my opinion. But of course, AJ has never played Fire Emblem, and I don't know whether or not Stephen has, either. SSBM gets in there because it's my favorite multiplayer game of all time by far, and I could play it 24/7 with other people, but it's actually probably slightly inferior to the other two. Mario Bros. is just a lot of fun and is very addicting, but in all actuality Fire Emblem is probably a better game. So, then, my pick goes to: Fire Emblem for the GBA!! *cue crazy cheering and applause*
*GASP* You mean you . . . you . . . YOU NEVER READ XENOCIDE AND CHILDREN???? You must!! How can you possibly be satisfied with Speaker?? You must need to know what happens, surely . . . Children is the best one, I think, but Xenocide is good, too, and you've GOT to read them to find out what happens! I finished Speaker and started Xenocide literally the same day, I think. Speaker's ending wasn't satisfying for me . . . but oh, well.
HEY WAIT A SECOND!!!!!! THE NEW BOOK IS OUT??!!!!!!! GAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!! *runs to Barnes and Noble*
*okay, I can't run that far, so never mind, but I'll get it as soon as possible. My summer reading list gets put on second priority if Mom allows it . . . *
Ah. So I might actually have a shot at beating you, then, if you play the original one more often. Cool. Ness is okay, if you know how to use him, and Samus rocks. I never wanted to take the time to get good with any of the difficult-to-master characters (Yoshi, Ness, Jigglypuff, Mr. G-a-W). Although I'm reasonably good with Jigglypuff because being cheap is easy with him/her/it. And AJ's good with Mr. G-a-W. But anyway, this whole thing just goes to show that I play video games too much.


Stephen's comment on my story: Uhh . . . thanks? What exactly does that mean? I, alas, have never taken Spanish. . . . is that even Spanish?

And to everyone who read my story and didn't comment: What did you think?

And to everyone who didn't read my story: Why not?? :P

2 Comments:

Blogger Idhrendur said...

Tactics is as related as any of the other Final Fantasies...the common name is the most they ever have in common. Hrm. You don't have a Playstation, do you? If so (or even if not), I could remedy the lack of FFs. And no, I've never played Fire Emblem.

As for the Spanish...I actually feel like an expert now. Which makes me inclinded to lecture (look out!).

No, I'll restrain myself. The literal translation is "It gives me much pleasure." A better (though ess literal) translation is "I lke it a lot."

10:37 PM  
Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

well im sorry she wont help (i did remember) but the possibility of AJ giving in is rather slim unfortunatly... maybe we should just get him a girl friend ..::heh heh::.. juuuust kidding Andrew James!

When is Oliver playing? i guess is should talk to AJ about that as well, fri or sat night would work best... he wanted me to come visit so maybe ill just hang out (if its on a weekend)

sorry for not having read your story yet, when i do i WILL comment :P i have a hard time making myself read large chuncks of stories... mostly because i should be getting to bed when ever i have the chance (like right now) making the blog rounds is chucky enough! but i look forward to it :)
(kind of ironic since i was the one that had to find it for the html :P)

11:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home