Thursday, July 07, 2005

My mind is gone right now, so I'm not even gonna try . . .

. . . to think up a good title. I got up early this morning and went to math, then was at my friend's house all day, then was at rehearsal all night and then was looking at college-ish stuff online for about forty minutes and now here I am. So yeah, my mind is mush.

So let's see, what happened since Tuesday . . . well, Wednesday was a good day, I got to sleep in, then I got to do two lessons of math (yippee), then I got to go to rehearsal. And don't worry, there WAS more to my day, just not anything really worth mentioning.

So basically, rehearsal was the big thing last night. As you'll recall, I mentioned that a guy codenamed "Larry" was coreographing Oliver. This is still the case. He has a very competent assistant codenamed "Dustin" . . . who probably at least two people reading this will know. So anyway, "Dustin" has done stuff that I've been in before, so I already knew him, and it turns out "Larry" has a very similar style. Which of course means that I can barely move, I'm so sore. Why don't you try jumping around and clapping and stomping and leaping and turning and whirling and running and MORE leaping and jumping . . . okay, now do all that for three hours straight, with one 5 minute break, and that was pretty much rehearsal, except more organized AND we were singing at the same time. So it was fun, but hard.

But thankfully, "Larry" and "Dustin" told us that the song we coreographed last night was the hardest song in the show (well, they said the "show-stopper," but I translated it for you non-theater people :P), for which I thank God. Because if that was the easiest song, I'd be ready to cry. WHY DOES STUPID OL' DODGER WANT TO BE A FRIEND TO OLIVER ANYWAYS???

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyhow, then I went home and received the glorious gift commonly known as sleep. And then I woke up and had the horrible "gift" commonly known as Algebra Class. Yay. So I sat in a living room for two hours listening to "So x equals the square root of the line that we just graphed that is equal to the radius of the circle plus the hight of the triangle divided by pi squared, and then in order to find y we have to zzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz" . . . okay, so maybe the last part there was me and not the teacher.

I'M JUST KIDDING. DR. C, IF YOU'RE READING THIS, I'M JUST KIDDING. I DID NOT FALL ASLEEP DURING CLASS.

Okay, now that that's taken care of, I'll go into more detail. The teacher (Steve, but not our director Steve) is actually a very cool and funny guy, and the class would be enjoyable if it weren't for that pesky little math thing that keeps showing up. He's very helpful, he really knows what he's doing, and he's an entertaining guy.

But it's still Algebra, and it's still early in the morning during summer vacation.

So then I came home and kind of did the Calvin thing (getting off the bus [in my case Mom's car] and running and yelling "I'm FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!"). And then I remembered something that made me feel EVEN BETTER. I remembered that I was going over to Rachel's house to hang out with her and Preston! Yay!

So I messed around for a while and then I went over there, and our period of hanging out can be sumarized in basically 5 letters and a number: PS2, DVD. The PS2, Rachel and Preston were playing Kingdom Hearts (Rachel got Preston to get it and it's downright scary . . . okay, to put it in perspective, for those of you who know (or are) Sarah, take Sarah with Tales of Symphonia, and substitute "Rachel" and "Kingdom Hearts," and there you go). I was watching and laughing at how bad at it Preston was. Seriously, I've played it once in my entire life, and I'm better than he is, and he owns it. I got as far in two hours as he got in like a week. It's cool. Now I have yet another thing to gloa— er, to HELP HIM DO BETTER with.

So after a while I got bored of watching this, and I suggested we do something else (I had swimming in mind, but they obviously didn't). So Preston pops out Kingdom Hearts and in goes Harry Potter. Which I actually played a bit, it was quite fun . . . I probably shouldn't have even mentioned what game it was, actually, I'm not sure where y'all stand on that issue . . . well, anyway, what's done is done. So I was playing it, and it is FUN to be walking along, and suddenly to turn and electrocute your best friend. Or the wall. Or a mirror. Or whatever. Pretty much, I just run around randomly firing my spell at everything in sight. And the coolest thing is that if you shoot your allies enough, they'll get mad at you and run away. It's fun.

So then after doing that for a while, Rachel got bored and cut in on my rampage through the area, and we went up to her room and I met Marvin (she named her computer Marvin), and we used him to watch a movie, and about a half an hour into the movie Dad came, and I had to leave.

So obviously I had a fun afternoon. So then I came home and ate dinner and messed around for a while and wasted time and discovered that Game Boy Advance cartrediges (I KNOW I spelled that wrong, I hope you can guess what it says) are VERY tough. One of my games went through the washer and the dryer, and it still works. I didn't lose any memory or anything. It rocks.

Then there was dinner, then some being online, then it was time for rehearsal. We were supposed to run act one tonight, which kind of scared me since we've coreographed a whoppin' big ONE SONG. So most of the night consisted (for me) of standing on stage and singing, and whacking Jeremy and having Jeremy whack me.

Okay, this is going to get really confusing, because I just realized that the guy who plays Oliver is named Jeremy, and then the Cheese Vendor is also named Jeremy. Which wouldn't be so bad except for the fact that I'm relatively good friends with both of them. It'll be like last time with Marks . . . ("Mark!" "What?" "What?" "What?" "Oh . . . sorry, Mosher.") And in addition to two Jeremys, we have three Joshes . . . and there are like 6 or 7 of them actively involved with Lifehouse at the time . . . how scary. And sad.

Anyway, I also got to go through the Sowerberry scene for the first time having some idea what I was doing, and discovered that this character ROCKS. Because he's not quite a villain, but he's a sinister, not-so-nice, snobby, arrogant guy. And of course, those are the most fun roles to play, next to the villains themselves. And also of course, I come off after doing the scene and like four people come up to me and say "typecasting." (And if Sarah has gotten clearance yet to read this, yes, OF COURSE Taylor was one of them.)

So the night went pretty well on the whole . . . it's sad though, because most of my really good friends deserted me . . . Rachel: Oh, heck yes I'm auditioning. Then she doesn't audition. Preston: OF COURSE I'm auditioning! Then he doesn't audition. Zach: My Dad's directing it, I don't even have to audition. Then he goes and gets accepted into some prestigious acting camp and can't be there. Sarah: Well, I wanted to, but I decided to do Pilgrim's Progress instead. Megan: I'm auditioning. And we FINALLY reach one who did audition. But of course then she goes and gets herself a main part, so she's on stage all the time so I can't hang out with her. Nick is the same as Megan. Cedric: I'm going to audition. Cedric later: Yeah, well . . . I'm in another show. Sure. Talk about lame excuses . . . I know people who have done like 4 shows at once. So it's just me and Taylor and Spaghetti from the Lion Witch group, and then a few other people I know from various other shows or places.

So then I came home, and Mom told me that the Torrey Program at Biola (which is what I'm thinking of doing for college) has a high school program, so we were online looking at that for a while, then they went to bed and I came to the Death Star. And now it's time for comments:

AJ and Rae: Alright, alright, GOSH. But don't you think you should kind of talk to Eleanor about this . . .? Rather than me?

AJ: You did that whole ::ducks and runs and gets a rope and runs away across the rooftops:: thing, and I grabbed you in a Force grip as you jumped from rooftop to rooftop, and then Stephen told me to throw you.

Rae: Well, it isn't that I don't like pairing up with girls . . . although I'm not really sure where that came from. It's that I always get paired up with the girl who wants to kill me. So you can imagine why that isn't fun. And THANK YOU for sparing my blog your aunt's comments . . .

Cormack: You're a comment?! Wow . . . I would've thought that you would be more than what you write on other people's blogs . . . :P

Stephen: Getting all oxy-moronical on me, are ya?

David: *gasp* I've attracted another person from my immediate circle of friends to comment! Cool! . . . Yeah, well, I think I'll let Karen play Miss Monks . . . 'cause she gets caught at the end anyway. I'd rather be Sikes, then I'd at least get to die. . . . And no, alas, I won't be at dance on Monday . . . why? Because my mother happens to convienently forget that dance is on Mondays every time that someone asks "Is Mark free on Monday mornings?" If I were around for those conversations, I would of course remind her, but since she supposedly knows my schedule better than me (which, other than dance, she does), I am not a part of those conversations . . . uhh, wait a sec . . . stare at your head? What the heck?? I have no idea what you're talking about . . . And I'm seeing PP next Thursday.

And since this seemed to work . . . COMMENT ALREADY!!!

6 Comments:

Blogger Raelynn Ann said...

holy friken crap...
by the time i got to the bottom i forgot what my comments were ;P course i cant complane too much... next time i post its going to be real long :\

oh right:

HAHA!
thats what you get for having a teacher as a friend. gotta spend 5 min making up for the math comments :P

why would we talk to eleanor about it? i got an open invite from her cuz. MWAHAHAHAHAAAAA i fit right in :P

SO. this oliver musical you speak of, its seems like fun. could you hook me up with some free tickets? cause you know... i deserve them. i uhhh... i know the guy... that uuuuh.... wrote some songs... ya.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Kingdom Hearts is sooooooo fun. I wish I had my copy back...

And MY stance on the phrase "Hary Potter is evil" would be summed up as: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
*gasps for breath*
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeah. Harry Potter is good stuff. And all the arguments against it miss the real problems. Which are relatively minor for fiction in this day and age.

10:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark--

Why would I mind if you fell asleep in someone else's math class? --especially since one of the reasons I decided against using Saxon Math with my own kids was because it put me to sleep. (I'm assuming you're using Saxon.)

I'm glad you're going to go see PP on a day other than tomorrow, because I'm pulling Sarah out for that one performance tomorrow. I'm dragging her with me to CHEA tomorrow to have her review a Precalculus course. We were going to (and still might) have her start a year of trigonometry in a few weeks in the math series she's currently using, followed by a year of precalculus. However, this course I want her to look at combines both trig and precalc in a single year and is taught on DVD.

Since you brought up spelling. . .I wasn't going to say anything, but since you brought the subject up. . .the word that begins with a "c" that you use in reference to what Dustin and Larry are doing for the dance numbers in Oliver has a "h" in it that you're omitting. Sorry. The teacher in me can't resist a chance to educate. Anyway, you appear to be more erudite if your spelling is correct.

About missing dance: Um, don't you guys have a dance recital to give us family members in a few (very few) weeks?

Dr. C

7:02 PM  
Blogger Narisilme said...

Hey, I'm back! You're welcome anytime, Master Harbison, to come to my family gathering along with anyone else who wants to come. It's an open invitation. Of course, you'll have to wait a year but some of the best things are worth waiting for. Ain't that the truth?! It's good to read your voice again.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

nice blog,Mark--wonderful way to become a brainless pile of mush in front of the computer.I'm really GLAD that "Dr.C" gave you the what-for on your spelling...but I don't want to beat you up too much.(Or do I? hmmmm:))well, LATIN is calling. Bonum diem!

5:22 PM  
Blogger Idhrendur said...

Oh, and the multiple people with the same name thing reminds me of work. At one point, we had FIVE Stephens (or Stevens) working in the store. And a manager who thought it fun to have us all coem to the service desk at once...

"Stephen, come to the service desk please."

Most people eventually started using both first and last names for us. But not all...

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home